100 years later after the nationalization of the collections of Russian art by Moscow collector Alexei Vikulovich Morozov (1857-1934),

the museum first turned to an exhibition project designed to pay tribute to one of the eminent figures of Russian culture.

For a long time his name remained “in the shadow of” the famous patrons of the Morozovs, and his achievements

in the artistic history of Russia have not yet received a worthy appreciation.


For the first time, the exhibition presents the main sections of the “porcelain” assembly of A.V. Morozova - Russian porcelain, ceramics and glass.

They became the basis of the State Museum of Ceramics, in 1932 transferred to the Kuskovo estate.

In the 1920s and 1930s, other private collections were included in the ceramics museum, but the collection of

Alexei Vikulovich is still the largest of them and is a foundation for the museum.